How to Make Potato and Fruit Candy
- 1 cup mashed potatoes
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon pineapple extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup candied pineapple, chopped
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Gradually add some of the sugar to the potatoes. Do this until the mixture begins to stiffen.
- Add the fruit, nuts, and flavoring to the mixture.
- Knead in the rest of the sugar until it is too stiff to add any more.
- Place mixture in a greased pan and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Remove from pan and cut into slices.
This candy can be enhanced by dipping the slices in chocolate.