How to Make Pineapple Taffy
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3 drops yellow food coloring
- Over medium heat, combine sugar, pineapple juice, lemon juice and cream of tartar in a heavy saucepan. Cook until the mixture reaches 280 degrees F on a candy thermometer.
- Remove from heat. Add food coloring and blend well.
- Pour mixture onto a greased baking sheet. Allow to cool. Use a portion of the candy and pull until it becomes stiff and loses its gloss. Cut into 1-inch strips. Repeat steps until all candy is cut.