How to Make Peppermint Taffy Candy
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1/2 cup golden syrup
- a pinch of cream of tartar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- Heat the golden syrup, honey, and sugar in a saucepan. Add the cream of tartar after the sugar has dissolved. Boil, stirring continuously, for 20 minutes.
- Add vinegar, butter, and peppermint. Allow mixture to come to a boil again.
- Pour mixture on a greased surface. Pull the taffy once it has cooled enough to handle. Cut into desired shapes and sizes.