How to Make Coconut Caramel Candy
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon rose extract
- 1 cup milk
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup cream
- a pinch of cream of tartar
- 1 cup butter
- a few drops of red food coloring (optional)
- Soak the coconut in the milk for 20 minutes. Add to a saucepan with the cream of tartar, butter, and sugar. Boil until the mixture reaches 240°, stirring continuously.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and cook (while stirring) until the mixture reaches 256°.
- Pour mixture into a greased pan. Allow to cool slightly, then cut into squares.