How to Make Chocolate Coconut Candy
- 3 cups shredded coconut
- pinch of salt
- 3 cups brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- melted chocolate
- Boil the sugar, syrup, and butter together until they reaches 240°.
- Add the salt to the mixture and remove from the heat.
- Stir in the coconut and the almond and vanilla extract.
- Line a pan with wax paper and pour mixture into it. Cut into pieces before it cools.
- After the mixture has cooled, dip in melted chocolate. Place pieces on wax paper to dry.