How to Make Candied Walnuts
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups walnuts, halved
- In a heavy saucepan, combine sugar and sour cream. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Continue to boil until mixture reaches 236-238 degrees F. Remove from heat.
- Stir in vanilla and beat until mixture thickens.
- Add nuts to the mixture and stir until nuts are evenly coated.
- Spoon onto greased cookie sheet, separating walnuts into individual pieces. Allow to cool.