How to Make After Dinner Mints
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- pinch of cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup water
- powdered sugar
- Add the sugar and water to a saucepan. Heat until the sugar is dissolved. Add cream of tartar and continue heating until the mixture reaches 300°.
- Pour candy mixture onto a greased surface. Let cool slightly and then pull like taffy until the candy is white. Cut into small squares with greased scissors.
- Roll mints in powdered sugar.
- Place mints in an airtight container. Let stand for 2 weeks before use.